Awesome Animation: Blur Studios - "In The Rough"

 
Screen Captures From The Video

Hello!

It's hard to believe it's been so many years ago...but way back in 2005 I took a number of Maya animation and film-making courses at the college I still attend.

Unfortunately, after really getting into animation for a while...I went on to other things...and sadly have prob'ly forgotten most of what I learned.

And computer animation has changed a lot since then.

It's certain, back in 2005 everything was a lot more difficult to do.  For example, personal computers were much less powerful then...so rendering short scenes would take forever.

Yep...much has changed since then...but an entertaining story is still king.

In 2005, Blur Studios made quite an impression on a lot of people with a short animation called "In The Rough". 

It's a very funny story about a caveman dealing with some frustrations of life...that a lot of us "modern cavemen" can relate to.  :)

Sceens From Blur Studios - "In The Rough"

I found a high quality version of it I'll post below.  It's only 5 minutes long...and I'll refund your money if you don't like it.

By the way, if you'd like to know more about the story behind and process for the video...there is a good interview with Blur's Paul Taylor on CGSociety about it.

Enjoy!

Oh...one last thing...there is some "cartoon" violence in it...so if you are worried this might offend you I'll understand if you move on to other links here.





Thank you for stopping by!


Please:  Share!  Comment!  Join!



No comments:

Post a Comment