LJ's Flicker Photostream: Stunning Images



Hi!

I suppose this may not be for everyone...because you'll find yourself looking into the eyes and faces of the homeless in a amazing series of photographs found on flicker.

Flicker indicates that "No real name" was given by the photographer...but in an article on ThumbPress I discovered that they were taken by Lee Jeffries.

ThumbPress says, "Lee Jeffries career began as a sports photographer....Then a chance meeting with a homeless woman living in the streets of London changed his life forever. He has since dedicated himself to capturing gripping portraits of the disenfranchised."

Here's an example of one of the 155 images found on Flicker:

Untitled

You can find the entire album here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16536699@N07/sets/72157622905229717/with/5034193832/ 

Be advised that there are some images that are harder to view...but I found them all visually stunning and absolutely "beautiful" in their own way.

It's clear that the Jeffries wasn't trying to exploit any of these individuals because captions under the photographs indicate details about them including in some cases where the image was taken and where donations can be made to help them.  Here's a link to one of those pages.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16536699@N07/page2/

I found myself thinking of a saying my mom used to quote, "There but by the grace of God go I."  Translation:  I could be among them if not for different circumstances in my life.

Untitled

You can help the homeless! Contact your local charitites.

In Phoenix:  http://phoenixrescuemission.org/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment